HomelessHelpers.com & ReEntryHelpers.com
7528 Pendleton Pike, Indianapolis, IN 46226 USA
(317) 547-1910
Voice | 317-547-0700 Fax | Info@ReEntryHelpers.com

This is what I have added so far on our F.Y.I. Page.  I am looking for additional information to add to these categories and/or suggestions on additional categories or topics that you think should be added to this page.  Please email me your thoughts.  Thanks, Don Hawkins

Our   F. Y. I.  (Quick Reference)  Page
Please report any suggestions or errors on this page to 317-547-1910 #11. Thanks.

Please Note: This page was designed to be used while on the internet.  If you have a printed copy of this information, your access to some information may be limited.  Please visit your nearest library that has internet access, or tell your; case worker, specialist, probation, or parole officer about this web site and they can help you.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Submit Events & Suggestions

Sign Up as a Helper / Supplier

AIDS / HIV -  For information on AIDS or HIV, Click on: Clarian Health | In Indy, Visit: Methodist Hospital, 1633 N. Capitol Ave., Suite 700, Indianapolis, IN 46202 | Call: 317-962-3724 or 317-963-5039 voice | 317-962-2455 fax | They provide outpatient medical services, care coordination, social support, and access to AIDS clinical drug trials for HIV positive and AIDS patients. They also offer Free HIV testing.
ALCOHOL ANONYMOUS - Click on: Indy AA (Indianapolis Intergroup, Inc.) or Find an AA Meeting Now  | AA is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they many solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. | Visit: 136 East Market, Suite 1030, Indianapolis, IN 46204 | Call: 317-632-7864 voice | : 317-631-5099 Espanola | 317-632-2155 fax
ARMED SERVICES - Ever thought about joining the Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard or the MARINES (choose this one, I did!)? Click here: to get more information, or visit a recruiter near you.
ASSOCIATION - Click on: M.O.V.E., Inc. or call: 317-767-0388 | An organization comprised primarily of persons with felony convictions and their families so they can learn to help themselves.  They work with local government and social agencies to provide one-on-one mentoring.  They meet every two weeks at the Oasis Of Hope Baptist Church, 1701 E. 25th St. at 5:00 PM (rap session) at 6:00 PM (regular meeting) - Refreshments are served.
BANKING, Checking Accounts - Are you in ChexSystems and want out?   Do you want to open a Checking or Savings Account - Come to a Get Checking workshop to qualify to access checking account services.  For more information call Purdue Extension in Marion County at 317-275-9305 #251.
BIRTH CERTIFICATE - To get a copy of your birth certificate - Click on: Indiana State Department of Health - Birth & Death Certificates or Marriage Certificates or Divorce Records - or visit: Vital Records Department, Indiana State Department of Health, 6 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 | or call: 317-233-2700
BONDS, Bail - Need a bondsperson (local or statewide), you can call State Bonding.  They are located at 22 N Delaware St., Indianapolis, IN 46204 | Call: 317-236-6560
BONDS, Fidelity - Employers needing a guarantee of honesty when hiring an exoffender - Click on: Federal Bonding Program or call 877-872-5627- The Federal Bonding Program provides Fidelity Bonds to employers that guarantee honesty for “at-risk”, hard-to-place job seekers.  The bonds cover the first six months of employment.  There is no cost to the job applicant or the employer.  For additional information on this program please contact the State Bonding Representative: Ms Andrea de Mink Kaufmann at The Pourhouse, Inc., 55 Monument Circle, Suite 201, Indianapolis, IN 46204 | Call: 317-507-8982 or 317-264-1833 #210 voice | 317-264-9813 fax
BUSINESS, Want to Start Your Own -  If you are exploring business ownership, a good place to start is with the people at the: Business Ownership Initiative.  They can help you determine how you can best move forward.  If you have a question about starting or operating a new business, or you would like to discuss a business issue or problem, the people at the Business Ownership Initiative may be right for you.  To make an appointment for face-to-face or telephone counseling call 317-917-3266. | Visit them at: Willowbrook Office Park, 4755 Kingsway Dr., Suite 314, Indianapolis IN 46205.
CELL PHONES - - Pending
CHURCH'S - Looking for a church? Click on: AreaConnect to find a church in Indy.  A limited list of church's can also be found in any daily newspaper - especially the Sunday edition.
CLOTHING - - Pending
CLOTHES - Men & Women's Clothes are Needed - Hands of Hope Ministries, Inc. collects adult clothing for the prisons reentry programs.  If you have any men's or women's adult clothing, especially larger sizes, please give us a call at: 317-547-1910 #11 and we will arrange a pickup.  Or, you can drop them by our offices at 7528 Pendleton Pike.
CREDIT COUNSELING - If you are in need of credit counseling, Click on: Momentive Consumer Credit Counseling Service | Visit: 615 N Alabama St., Suite 134, Indianapolis, IN 46204 | Call: 317-266-3100 or 317-266-1300 voice | Download there brochure: Momentive's Brochure
CREDIT HISTORY - The three major credit-reporting companies have set up one central location for obtaining free reports on line: 3 Bureau-Credit Reports. | Call: Trans Union 800-680-7289 | Experian (formerly TRW) 888-397-3742 | Equifax 800-525-6285
CRIMINAL RECORDS, Federal - To obtain a copy of your Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) criminal record, Click on: FBI Identification Record Request.  An FBI criminal record is confidential and can not be provided to anyone other than the subject of the fingerprint card.
CRIMINAL RECORDS, State & Local - To obtain your limited criminal history (thru the Indiana State Police) Click here: Criminal History Search | Print out our: Mail in Form | Write: Indiana Stat Police, Criminal History Limited, P.O. Box 6188, Indianapolis, IN 46206-6188 | Call 317-233-5424 | In the event that arrests have occurred in several jurisdictions, contact your local police department to determine the appropriate state agency to contact.
DEBIT CARDS - - Pending
DIRECTORIES - Click here for the: White Pages | Click here for the: Yellow Pages | Or Call: 4-1-1 from any phone.
DISABILITY PROGRAMS - Click on: DisabilityInfo.gov.  This web site provides quick and easy access to comprehensive information about disability programs, services, laws and benefits.
DRIVERS LICENSE - To get your Indiana Drivers License - Click on: Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles - or Find a License Branch | Visit the downtown branch at Fountain Square: 531 Virginia Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46203 | Call: 317-234-0550
EMERGENCY HELP - If you are in danger of any kind, Dial 9-1-1 | Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department 317-327-3811 | Indianapolis Fire Department 317-327-6053 | Indianapolis FBI Office 317-639-3301
FOOD - Click on: List of Township Trustees |  Persons needing assistance such as food, utility assistance, clothing, household goods and supplies, medical care, rent assistance, shelter, transportation, funeral and burial expenses should contact the local Marion County Township Trustees Office.
Center Township Trustee, 863 Massachusetts Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46204, 317-633-3610 voice
Decatur Township Trustee, 5410 South High School Road, Indianapolis, IN 46221, 317-856-6600 voice
Franklin Township Trustee, 6231 South Arlington Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46237, 317- 780-1700 voice
Lawrence Township Trustee, 9001 East 59th Street, Suite 101, Indianapolis, IN 46226, 317-545-7860 voice
Perry Township Trustee, 4925 South Shelby Street, Indianapolis, IN 46227, 317-788-4810 voice
Pike Township Trustee, 5665 Lafayette Road, Suite C, Indianapolis, IN 46254, 317- 291-5801 voice
Warren Township Trustee, 501 North Post Road, Suite A, Indianapolis, IN 46219, 317-897-2071 voice
Washington Township Trustee, 5117 North Michigan Road, Indianapolis, IN 46228, 317-252-5222 voice
Wayne Township Trustee, 5401 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46241, 317-241-4191 voice
FOOD STAMPS - For information on the Food Stamp program in Indiana, Click on: Indiana Food Stamp Program | To apply for the Food Stamp Program, contact the local Division of Family Resources Office in your county of residence. | List of Marion County Offices | One office in Indy is: 3524 North Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46208 | Call: 317-931-2920
FORECLOSURES - Are you in danger of losing your home? - Click here for the - Indiana Foreclosure Prevention Network (IFPN). This website was created to provide the thousands of Hoosiers, who may be facing foreclosure with access to free and unbiased information and counseling.  If you would like to provide this information directly to a specialist, call 877-GET-HOPE any day of the week between the hours of 8:00AM and 8:00PM.  Stop the walls from foreclosing in on you or a client. Take a few minutes to get help and to get hope.  Click here to begin or call: 877-GET-HOPE.
G.E.D. - M.O.V.E. - Contact your local school system & some social service organizations - Pending
COURTS - Click on: Marion County Courts for basic information on the Courts in Marion County
GRANTS, for School, etc. - To get information on Federal Grants, Click on: Federal Financial Aid Grants for Women |       F.A.S.S.A - - Pending
HELP, Information - If you are in need of immediate help and do not have a case worker, social worker, probation/parole officer helping you, you can dial 2-1-1.  Connect2Help is a free and confidential telephone assistance service to help those in need get information about: Food * Housing * Health Care * Employment * Support Groups *  Parenting Counseling * Education * Clothing * Shelter * Volunteering * Legal Aid, ...And Much More! - Simply dial 2-1-1 - Available 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week.  If dialing 2-1-1 does not work from your phone, dial 317-926-4357.
HOSPITALS - Click on: for a list of Hospitals in Indianapolis | Wishard Health Services, 1001 W 10th St, Indianapolis, IN 46202 | Call: 317-639-6671 | Methodist Hospital, 1701 N Senate Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46202 | Call 317-929-2000
IMMIGRATION / CITIZENSHIP - Click on: U.S. Immigration Source or Green Card Renewal/Replacement or Immigration Attorneys | This web site has all the forms you need to start becoming a U.S. Citizen. | Visit: US Immigration Naturalization, 46 E Ohio St, Indianapolis, IN 46204 | Call: 317-226-6202
INSURANCE, Auto High Risk - - Pending
INSURANCE, Health - Click on: Health Advantage is a managed care program providing high quality, seamless medical care to low-income and uninsured residents of Indianapolis.  All Marion County residents that fall at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level and do not qualify for any other assistance program are eligible.
Wishard Advantage program.  This is only for Marion county residents. | Click here for a : List of Locations | Visit: the Primary Care Center at 1002 Wishard Boulevard in Indy | Call: 317-692-2300
JAIL or PRISON - Looking for friends or family members in jail or prison!
  Marion County Jail - Visit the Inmate Information page or call the jail at: 317-639-9300
  Indiana Department of Correction - Visit the Offender Locator page
JOB TRAINING - Indy's “Operation Hope” - is to assist Indy and Marion County residents who are un- and under-employed, and who may also have a criminal conviction, to obtain meaningful employment. Orientations for "Operation Hope" are every Wednesday at 2:00 p.m. (with occasional exception) in the City-County Building.  For more information, contact Dave Rozzell, Executive Director of ICAAM, at: 317-327-5775, or email him at: drozzell@indygov.org Check here the next meeting, date, time & place.
JOBS / EMPLOYMENT - Anyone coming out of the prison system in need of a job should register with WorkOne ASAP!  It is their job to HELP YOU get a  job, so put them to work for you, call or visit them today!
WorkOne - More than just the Unemployment Office!
Your One-Stop Careen Center offers:
  1)  Resume Development  2) Information on what jobs are "hot"
  3)  Identification of the skills businesses value  4)  Individual career counseling
  5)  Workshops on the best ways to get back to work
  6)  Job Posting and Job Referrals  7)  Help in getting your GED
  8)  Upgrade you job skills  9)  Customized programs for job seekers with disabilities
10)  Career Resource Area offering computer access, current labor market and career planning information, and a media/software library
To begin to map out a strategy to get you back to work, increase your income, all you need to do is to attend an Informational Session at the WorkOne offices.  Informational Sessions are held every Monday from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM at 2525 N Shadeland Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46219
Please call for additional information please visit: WorkOne or call: 317-358-4501
LEGAL AID - Providing Free Legal Services to the Low-Income & Elderly of Indiana - Click on: Indiana Legal Services | Visit: Market Square Center, 151 North Delaware, Suite 1800, Indianapolis, IN 46204 | Call: 317-631-9410 or 800-869-0212 voice | 317-631-9775 fax
MARION COUNTY JAIL - The Marion County Jail is located at: 40 S. Alabama St., Indianapolis, IN 46204 | 317-327-1700 voice
MEDICAID - Click on: U.S. Department of Health & Human Services | Important Medicaid Numbers to Know | Call the HCE Indianapolis office 317-347-4500
MEDICARE - Click on: U.S. Department of Health & Human Services | For People with Medicare | What Medicare Covers | Call: 800-288-1499
MEDICAL TREATMENT - Click on: Wishard Health Services - Wishard has been charged with and committed to providing health care to the residents of Marion County.  Wishard has established a Primary Care network consisting of its Primary Care Center and six Community Health Centers throughout Indianapolis where residents engage in primary care during ambulatory rotations and in continuity clinic settings. | Visit: Wishard Health Services, 1001 W Tenth St., Indianapolis, IN 46202 | Call the operator for more information at 317-639-6671
MEDICAL PRESCRIPTIONS, Discounted - To get information on discounted pharmaceutical drugs - Click on: CVS CareMark | Call: 877-321-2652 to speak with a Customer Care representative.  Most major retail pharmacy chains such as Walgreens, CVS, Wal-Mart and Rite Aid will accept this prescription discount card.
MENTAL HEALTH, Depression - Click on: Adult & Child Mental Health Center  8320 Madison Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46227 | 317-882-5122 or 877-882-5122 voice | 317-888-8642 fax
NOTARY PUBLIC - If you need a Notary Public to Notarize your documents and you are in the Indy downtown area, stop by State Bonding at 22 N Delaware St., Indianapolis, IN 46204 | Call: 317-236-6560 | If you are not downtown, most banks and attorneys office usually have a Notary or two around.
PAROLE - Click on: Indiana Parole Districts for state wide Information, addresses & phone numbers | For Marion County Write: 1535 N. Meridian St., Indianapolis, IN 46202 | Call: 317-234-1931 or 317-234-1939 | For the rest of the State, Write: 501 W. Main St., Plainfield, IN 46168 | Call: 317-839-7751
PREGNANCY PROGRAMS Click on: St. Elizabeth/Coleman Pregnancy and Adoption Services can help you with this decision and many others.  Visit them at: 2500 Churchman Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46203 or Call: 317-787-3412 or 800-499-9113 voice - 317-787-0482 fax | Click on: Planned Parenthood Locations, 3750 North Meridian Street, Suite 100, Indianapolis, IN 46208 Call: 317-925-6747
PROBATION - U.S. Probation Office Southern District of Indiana - Information; addresses & phone numbers | In Indy call: 317-327-3059
PUBLIC DEFENDER , Marion County - Click on: Public Defender | Visit: 151 N Delaware St., Suite 200, Indianapolis, IN 46204 | Call: 317-327-4100 voice | 317-327-3799 fax
REENTRY PROGRAM, Youth Targeted - Do You or Someone you Know Qualify for the Apollo 13 Re-Entry Success Program?
  1)  You must be between the ages of 18 & 29 years of age
  2)  You must be within 60 days of release from an IN D.O.C. facility
  If so, please contact your work release counselor, probation or parole officer.  All others please contact Deby Crislip from WorkOne at 317-358-4503 for further information.
SCHOOLS, School Records - Need your school records from a Indianapolis Public Schools? - Click on: List of Schools | or visit: the John Morton-Finney Center for Educational Services, Administrative Building at 120 E. Walnut St., Indianapolis, IN 46204 | Call: 317-226-4000
SELECTIVE SERVICE - Every male citizen between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age an every other male of like age legally residing in the US is required to register with the Selective Service System.  Those who are past 26 and have been incarcerated during the period 18-26 are exempt.  You can register at any U.S. Post Office and do not need a social security number.
SEX & VIOLENT OFFENDERS REGISTRY  - Click on: Indiana Sheriff's Department is required by Law to jointly establish and maintain the Indiana Sheriffs' Sex Offender Registry that will provide detailed information about individuals who register as sex or violent offenders at Indiana sheriff departments (or, in Marion County, the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department). | Visit or Write: Indiana Sex Offender Registry, 302 W. Washington St., Indiana Government Center South, E334, Indianapolis, IN 46204 | Call: 317-232-1232 voice | 317-233-1474 fax
SHELTERS - See Housing, Shelters
SMOKING, Stop - - Click on: The Costs of Smoking: If you smoke 2 packs of cigarettes per day for 40 years, you will spend $116,800!  Most people will not accumulate that much for retirement.  On average, smoking reduces adult life expectancy by 14 years. | Click on: Ways to Stop Smoking St Vincent's Heart Center of Indiana | Click on: Freedom from Smoking Classes American Lung Association, (Corporate FFS classes only) 115 W. Washington St, St 1180-S, Indianapolis, IN 46204 or Call: 317-819-1181
SOCIAL SECURITY CARD - To check on your Social Security Records - Click on Social Security Administration | Get a copy of your Social Security Card | Visit: the Social Security Office in Downtown Indianapolis at: 575 N. Pennsylvania St., Rm. 685, Indianapolis, IN 46204 | Call: 800-772-1213 voice, or 317-226-7983 TTD | 317-226-6665 fax
SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS - Find benefits you could get from Social Security, Check Start Here - Visit: the Social Security Office in Downtown Indianapolis at: 575 N. Pennsylvania St., Rm. 685, Indianapolis, IN 46204 | Call: 800-772-1213 voice, or 317-226-7983 TTD | 317-226-6665 fax
SSI - Click on: What is SSI? | Do you qualify for Supplemental Security Income? - Download a: Brochure on SSI. | If you are applying for SSI, you can complete a large part of your application by visiting the: Social Security web site.  You also can call us toll-free at 800-772-1213 to ask for an appointment with a Social Security representative.
STATE ID CARD - To get an Indiana State ID Card - Click on: Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles - Find a License Branch - There is no charge for these cards.
TAX CREDITS - Work Opportunity Tax Credits (WOTC) - is a federal tax credit program that offers incentives to employers (up to $2,400) who hire individuals who have consistently had difficulty in securing and retaining employment.  The credit helps offset the federal tax liability of private, for-profit employers. | Visit or write: WOTC Program Coordinator, Indiana Department of Workforce Development, WOTC - SE311, 10 N Senate Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46204 | Call: 317-232-7746 voice | For more information go to: Work Opportunities Tax Credit (WOTC)
TIME - To get the correct time, Click on: Time  | Call: 317-635-5959
TRAFFIC TICKETS - If you need to pay traffic tickets on line, Click on: Traffic Ticket Payment System | Visit: Traffic Court (Court 13) 9049 E. 10th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46229 | Call: 317-327-5738,
TRANSPORTATION - To get around in Indy by Bus (our city bus/transportation service) - Click on: IndyGo | or Click on Route or a Schedule to check on a schedule, or call: 317-635-3344.
TRANSPORTATION - Is one of your family members in one of Indiana's prisons?  Need a ride?  Call: "Use What You've Got Prison Ministries" at: 317-924-4124.  Their mission is to keep families connected by providing transportation for prison visitation, while promoting family wellness through; education, supportive resources and spiritual enhancement.  For additional information, Click on: Use What You've Got Prison Ministries
UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS - To apply for unemployment benefits, Click on: Uplink CSS or if you don't have internet access, go to your nearest full service WorkOne Center as soon as you become unemployed. You will be required to report your last employer's name, mailing address, phone number & dates of employment as well as your address, social security number & phone number. 
UTILITIES ASSISTANCE - Click on: List of Township Trustees |  Persons needing utility assistance should contact their local Township Trustee's office. | Also See our  Household Services page.
UTILITIES, Indianapolis - Moving in or around Indianapolis?  Need to connect to utilities?  Click on: MoveIndianapolis | Order or move your home phone, cable TV, satellite TV, electricity, high-speed Internet and more.
VETERANS SERVICES - Veterans Affairs & Benefits - Click on: U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs | Veterans Health Care Benefits | U.S. Vet Center | Indianapolis Vet Center | Visit: 3833 N. Meridian Street, Suite 120, Indianapolis, IN 46208 | Call: 317-988-1600 voice | 317-988-1617 fax
You should also check with WorkOne Veterans Services.  Indiana is committed to providing quality employment services and Veteran preference through its WorkOne Centers’ knowledgeable staff. These services provide Veterans with the necessary information they need to find and secure suitable employment and make the transition from the military to the civilian workforce.
VETERANS, Military Records & your DD-214 - Click on: Request Copies of Military Personnel Records or The Road to Acquire Your DD214 | Click on: Download the Standard Form #180 and mail it to: The National Personnel Records Center, Military Personnel Records, 9700 Page Ave., St. Louis, MO  63132-5100
VOLUNTEER, Helpers, Teachers, Tutors, Mentors  - Pass on the blessings!  Are you counting your blessings and feel you need or you want to help others.  Others do need your help and there are many, many ways in which you can offer your help.  Money is nice and much needed, but what really is needed is YOU!  Our; Prisons need teachers & mentors, Our Missions need counselors, and Our Churches need volunteers.  Where do you fit in?  This web site, in the coming weeks will offer you several ways on how and where you can help. Please check back regularly.
VOTERS REGISTRATION - Click on: How to Register to Vote - Download Indiana Voter Registration Application - Marion County Election Board | Visit: Board of Voter Registration, 200 E. Washington St., City-County Building, Suite W131, Indianapolis, IN 46204 | Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (M-F) | Call: 317-327-5040 voice | 317-327-5042 fax | If you are homeless or have a non-traditional form of residence such as a shelter or RV, you can still register to vote.  The state of Indiana does not limit your ability to vote in ANY election – Federal or Local - if you have a felony conviction or criminal history background – REGISTER & VOTE – it is important & your vote does count – the only way to change the system is to make your voice heard - REGISTER & VOTE!
WEATHER - To get the local (46204) weather, Click on: The Weather Channel | Click here for Free Weather Alerts on Your Desk Top | Call: 317-635-5959


(Revised 17Apr08 at 19:05)